What if I’m Injured After Being Forced Off the Road?

If you’re in Philadelphia or anywhere in Pennsylvania, you have probably been cut off, either intentionally or accidentally. Normally when this happens you have to slam on your brakes or rapidly change lanes. But in some cases, there is a crash, either with an object like a tree or with another vehicle. Unfortunately, the driver who cut you off may keep on going thinking that the injury was your own fault, or they just want to flee, or maybe they didn’t even notice the crash.

What happens next?

When the person who caused the crash or contributed to it leaves the scene you have been involved in a “hit and run accident”. In the video below, Philadelphia hit and run accident lawyer Edith Pearce explains some possible scenarios and what you can do after a hit and run accident:

After a hit and run

  • After the accident, the crash should be reported to police as soon as possible.
  • Next, you should check your insurance to see if you have uninsured motorist coverage.
  • Finally, speak to an attorney who has experience handling uninsured motorist claims. It is best to do this before speaking to the other insurer if at all possible.

We have worked insurance law and personal injury law from both sides, and we know the insurer is likely going to attempt to pay you as little as possible for your injuries. Trust us when we say that the other attorney being paid by the insurance company is not your friend. If you’ve been injured in a hit and run accident, contact a Philadelphia personal injury lawyer as soon as possible after the crash.